These quick and easy berry oatmeal bars are the perfect healthy dish using fresh summer berries! Made with sweet potato flour or pumpkin flour, they are packed with nutrients and bursting with flavor. Great for breakfast, dessert or an on the go snack.
Berry Oatmeal Bars
- 7 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- Dash of Salt
- ¼ tsp Ginger
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Glean Pumpkin Flour (OR Sweet Potato Flour)
- 1 ¼ cup Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 7 tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
- 10 oz. Diced Strawberries
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 2-3 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
For the glaze:
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper (Enough to cover up the sides of the pan).
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the Glean flour, coconut flour, oats, light brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Add in vanilla and melted coconut oil to the mix and stir to combine.
- Scoop ¾ cup of the mix and set aside to add as the topping.
- Add the rest of the mix to the lined 8x8 pan and press firmly to make a flat bottom layer.
- Scatter blueberries and strawberries on top of bottom layer, then add sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice evenly on top of berries.
- Add the remaining berries and add the mix that was set aside for the top layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes until golden brown and cool.
- In a small bowl, mix the milk, vanilla and powdered sugar for the glaze.
- Once the bars are cooled, add the glaze, serve and enjoy!