After seeing this fun recipe on Fit Foodie Finds, we had to give it a spin using sweet potato flour! Crispy buffalo bites of cauliflower with a delicious homemade blue cheese - makes it a perfect game day snack. We chose it as a Superbowl snack option this year. It would be fantastic with pumpkin flour as well so take your pick!
Buffalo Cauliflower "Wings" with Healthy Blue Cheese
For the Cauliflower
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (~1 medium head)
- 3/4 cup almond meal (superfine)
- 1/4 cup Glean sweet potato flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
For the Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Blue Cheese
- 3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles (we used 1/2 because, well, cheese!)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Cut cauliflower in to "wing-sized" pieces and set aside.
- Make rub my mixing together almond flour, sweet potato flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Crack 2 eggs in a bowl and whisk. Dip cauliflower into the egg mixture and thoroughly coat. Then dip in the rub mixture to coat.
- Place cauliflower on baking sheet and spread out evenly. Spray cauliflower with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove and flip over. Bake for 10 more minutes.
- While cauliflower bakes, prepare hot sauce by mixing with maple syrup (this is optional - feel free to use just the hot sauce or your favorite buffalo sauce!).
- When cauliflower is done baking, toss in buffalo sauce and ensure each piece is coated.
- Place cauliflower back on the baking sheet and bake for 3-5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Prepare blue cheese sauce by mixing all ingredients. Serve with cauliflower for delicious dipping!
* Great served with celery and carrots just like regular wings!
** Make sure you don't coat the cauliflower with rub too thick but rather just a medium-light coating!