This bread is insanely delicious and easy to make! We recommend serving it warm with a little vanilla ice-cream, but won't judge you if you have a slice for breakfast! It is made with bananas after all!
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup Glean sweet potato or pumpkin flour
- 1/2 cup choice flour (regular, coconut, almond)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large brown bananas (1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup canola, vegetable or melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add the melted butter and oil and stir until combined. Stir in the brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, do not over-mix. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top of the bread. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the pan and set on a wire cooling rack for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge and carefully remove from the pan. Cut into slices and serve!
* Keep wrapped in plastic on counter for up to 4 days. Also freezes well for up to 1 month!
Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod recipe.