Muffins like these make the entire house smell amazing and bursting with flavor, do not last long! Made with fresh apples, cranberries & granola, what's not to like? Go crazy and top with a little caramel sauce for the ultimate, perfect bite.
Cranberry Apple Granola Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups Glean pumpkin flour (can also use 1 cup pumpkin with 1/2 cup regular)
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice (you can also use pumpkin spice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cinnamon granola (homemade recipe here!)
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large apple, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (we used Gala)
- Caramel sauce, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Stir together flour, cranberries, baking powder, apple pie spice, salt, baking soda and 3/4 cup granola in a large bowl.
- Whisk together applesauce, brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Add applesauce mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Place muffin cups in a 12-cup muffin pan and divide muffin batter evenly in each cup.
- Lightly press apple pieces into the tops of each and sprinkle with the remaining granola.
- Bake until a wooden toothpick comes out clean, about 22-25 minutes.
- Cool before eating and top with caramel sauce if desired.