This crust is a fantastic base for your favorite pizza creations! Simply make the dough, roll into a crust and bake. Add your choice of toppings, bake a little longer and viola - your gluten-free and delicious pizza is ready. Check out our video tutorial below!
Custom DIY Pizza (Gluten-Free)
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cups of Glean Sweet Potato Flour (Can also substitute with Pumpkin Flour!)
- 1 1/2 cups corn starch
- 2 tsp xantham gum
- 1 tsp salt
- .25 oz fast rise yeast
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking soda (regular can be substituted for non GF)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup warm water
Toppings (all optional - choose your favorites but here are some suggestions!)
- Tomato sauce base
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Green peppers
- Sliced mushrooms
- Turkey (especially great for leftovers after the holidays!)
- Be creative!
For the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix first 7 ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil and warm water and use your hands or spoon to form a dough. Knead a little and roll into a large ball.
- Using a pizza stone or baking sheet, spread olive oil on the pan. Sprinkle the oiled surface with a little sweet potato flour.
- Place dough in the middle of the stone or baking sheet and spread dough evenly to form pizza dough base.
- Pre-bake pizza crust for 15 minutes at 350F.
- While crust is baking, prepare your desired toppings! Have fun and be creative!
- Once crust is finished, remove from oven and top with sauce, cheese and your choice of toppings.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Let cool slightly before cutting into slices and enjoy!