Fried Seafood with Sweet Potato Goodness
Sweet Potato Goodness is unbelievable as a breader for frying shrimp, fish and really any meat or vegetable! The subtle sweet and savory flavor combination enhances the natural flavor of both the sweet potato and meat or veggies! This can be used as a breader substitute in any recipe.
- 1 cup Glean Sweet Potato Goodness
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1tsp xanthan gum
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 24 shrimp, peeled (can substitute with flounder, chicken, vegetables or choice of meat/veggie!)
- In a medium bowl, mix the sweet potato flour, corn starch and xantham gum. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, crack eggs and whisk until combined. Place vegetable oil in pan high enough to cover shrimp and turn to medium heat.
- Dip shrimp (or choice of seafood, meat or vegetables) in the flour mixture, then in egg wash and back in flour mixture. Place shrimp in pan with hot oil and fry for a few minutes until done.