Game Day Chicken Wings
To make crispy and delicious chicken wings, you don't have to own a fryer. All it takes are the ingredients below and a trusty oven! Learn how to make these wings by watching the video below or by reading the instructions!
- 8 - 10 chicken wings
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 c. + 1/2 tbsp. hot sauce (keep separate)
- .5 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (GF if needed)
- 1/8 cup glean sweet potato flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set a wire rack on the baking sheet and coat it with cooking spray.
- Place the salt, pepper, .5 tablespoon hot sauce, and vegetable oil in a resealable plastic bag, and shake to mix. Add the chicken wings, seal, and toss until well coated.
- Place the flour, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder in another resealable plastic bag, and shake to mix. Pour the chicken wings from the first bag into the flour bag, seal, and toss until well coated with the flour mixture. Place the wings onto the prepared baking sheet rack, and place into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter in a medium microwave safe bowl. Whisk in the hot sauce. Dip the wings into the butter mixture one at a time, and place back on the baking sheet rack. Bake in the for 40-45 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, and crispy on the outside. Turn the wings over halfway during cooking so they cook evenly.
- Remove the wings from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes before serving!