Pumpkin Pup'treats Recipe
These dog treats are super simple to make at home! We used common ingredients found in nearly all kitchens. It's safe to say, by the time these come out of the oven, and served in a bowl, they will leave your dog wagging their tails for more! Check out all the supplies and ingredients needed below.
- Cookie sheet
- Rolling pin
- Measuring cup
- Stand mixer or spoon and bowl
- Small cookie cutters or pizza cutter
- 2 1/2 c. whole wheat, or all purpose flour
- 1 c. Glean Pumpkin Flour Puree (boil 2 c. Water, add 1 c. pumpkin flour)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine pumpkin puree, cinnamon and egg in the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl if you are mixing by hand. Mix until blended.
- Add flour 1/2 cup at a time into the bowl until stiff dough forms.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use small cookie cutters or pizza cutter to cut the dough into bite sized treats.
- Line dog treats 1/2 inch apart on a non-greased cookie sheet. These treats won't expand so you don't have to worry about them being so close together.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until treats are golden brown. Turn the oven off and leave the treats in the oven for 1-2 hours to allow them to become crunchy. Then remove from the oven and let cool.
- Store treats at room temperature in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks, or store in the fridge for up to a month.