This soup - or stew - is a healthy and versatile meal using vegetables, protein and spices. Easy to customize ingredients to meet the needs of your taste-buds. Great used with either pumpkin or sweet potato flour so go wild!
Pumpkin Vegetable & Chicken Soup
- 4 cups water or broth (we used chicken)
- 1 cup Glean pumpkin flour (or sweet potato flour)
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- In medium saucepan, bring water or broth to a simmer. Add in flour, salt, pepper an cayenne. Whisk until well blended and a thickened sauce forms. Turn to low.
- Add olive oil to a pan and saute chicken (or desired meat) until cooked through.
- Add vegetables to pan with the chicken and stir fry to desired tenderness (5-10 minutes).
- Once meat and vegetables are cooked, pour pumpkin broth mixture into saucepan to form your soup!
- Top with cheese, sour cream, green onions or any other desired additions.
Remember this recipe can be edited to suit your needs! Try different vegetables, spices, adding in rice or beans and tweak your protein.