Stuffed peppers are a great "one-pot" meal that can easily be made ahead of time. These are gluten free and made with ground turkey. Be creative with the vegetables you use and feel free to sub your favorite meat.
Stuffed Peppers with Sweet Potato Seasoning
- 4 bell peppers, tops cut off and cored
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 lb ground turkey (substitute with meat of choice)
- 2 Tbsp Glean sweet potato flour
- 4 slices of muenster cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Saute meat in a pan until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Place olive oil in the pan and add onions and garlic. Cook these until just beginning to soften. Add mushrooms and saute for several minutes.
- In a smaller saucepan, add in the sweet potato flour and a few tablespoons of water. Whisk until a sauce is formed. (add water to achieve desired consistency).
- Add ground meat back to pan with vegetables mixture. Stir for a few minutes. Pour sweet potato seasoning sauce into meat and vegetable pan and stir to heat mixture all the way through.
- Using a large spoon, stuff each pepper with the ground turkey and vegetable mixture.
- Top each pepper with a slice of cheese and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden bubbly.
These are great served with salsa, rice and other favorite toppings!
*Make ahead of time by following steps 1-6. Refrigerate or freeze until ready to cook and extend baking time accordingly. Can be frozen for 2 months!