Sweet Potato Pasta Tagliatelle by @plantedfamilies
We love this fresh pasta recipe - it is simple and incredibly delicious. Made with our Sweet Potato Goodness, it has an earthy and filling flavor!
- 1 cup Glean Sweet Potato Goodness
- 2 cups flour of choice (this particular recipe used spelt flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 1/2 cup of water
- On a clean counter top, mix together the dry ingredients. Gently make a well in the middle of the mixed flour. In that center indentation, add your egg and water.
- Using a fork, beat the wet ingredients. Slowly start taking more and more flour into your wet mixture as you go. Knead your mixture until it forms a smooth dough. Let dough rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Cut your rested dough into 10 sections. Working with one section at a time, roll out each piece as thin as you can make it, adding a sprinkle of flour here or there if it gets sticky.
- Slice into strips using a pizza cutter or knife. Add the tagliatelle to a pot of salted boiling water for about 4 minutes.
- Add any sauce you would like and serve immediately. @plantedfamilies used a dairy-free, mushroom alfredo sauce.
Check out the Planted Families blog and the original recipe here!