Stuffed sweet potatoes are an amazing way to get creative and create a filling and nutritious meal! These are made with ground turkey, naturally gluten-free and can easily be modified for paleo/Whole30 by leaving off the cheese.
Twice Baked Turkey Sweet Potatoes
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon ghee or butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Glean sweet potato flour
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: choice of cheese for topping
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Place them face down on a cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes depending on how thick they are. You want to be able to easily scoop out the flesh!
- While sweet potatoes cook, add ghee or butter to skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and onions and stir until soft.
- Add ground turkey and break up as it cooks. When it is halfway cooked through, add spices and sweet potato flour. Stir and leave until turkey is fully cooked.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven and use a spoon to scoop out the inside. Place the sweet potato flesh in the pan with the turkey and mix to combine.
- Using a large spoon, place large scoops of the sweet potato sausage mixture into each of the sweet potato halves. Top with cheese if using and place back in the oven to bake for 3-5 minutes longer.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!