These yummy lactation cookies are amazing for breastfeeding mothers! The nutrients in this recipe work in a multitude of ways to help moms boost and maintain their milk supply!
- 3 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ c. Glean pumpkin flour
- 6 tbsp. brewer’s yeast
- 3 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 10 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. unrefined coconut oil
- 1 1/2 c. organic cane sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. dark chocolate chips
- ¾ c. dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, pumpkin flour, flour, brewer’s yeast, flaxseed, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Beat the butter and coconut oil on medium speed until creamy.
- Add in the sugar and beat on medium-high about 4 to 5 minutes, until fluffy.
- Add in the egg and egg yolk and beat for about 3 minutes, until combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract and beat until combined again.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients, beating on low speed until just combined and mixed. Fold in the chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Hand roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes
- Let cool completely before storing in a sealed container. *These will be a little crumbly until they are completed cooled so do not try to move them!