Can't Be Beet Glazed Muffins by Lunches and Littles
*Recipes makes about 12 muffins
- 3 c. gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 c. raw cashews
- 1/4 c. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. water
- 2 tbsp. Glean Beet Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of vanilla bean (optional)
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1- 2 tbsp. milk
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a 12 well muffin tin or use liners if desired. Set aside.
- Place all muffin ingredients into your Ninja Blender. Blend until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly between Prepared liners/wells. Fill wells almost entirely fill (we know, recipes usually tell you to only fill 1/2- 3/4 full, but just trust us on this).
- Bake in oven for 6 minutes at the 425 degree temp, then without opening your oven, lower oven to 325 and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes. until muffins are puffed up and golden brown.
- Once done remove from oven. Allow muffins to cool in tin for at least 10 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- While muffins cool, make your glaze: combine powdered sugar, vanilla and milk (1 tbsp at a time) until spreadable. Immediately divide glaze into two bowls; adding in 1 tbsp of Live Glean Beet Powder into one of your bowls. Mix to combine (can add more or less depending on desired color). Then, drizzle pink/beet glaze over plain glaze and swirl with a toothpick to get a marbled affect. Dip tops of muffins fully into glaze and then allow excess to drip off. Once glaze starts to dry/finished dripping, turn muffins over and set upright. Allow glaze to dry completely before enjoying!