Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls by @cincyfitfoodie
Healthy cinnamon rolls? Can someone say hallelujah?! 🙌🏼Waking up in the morning doesn't seem so bad if you're waking up to these beautiful treats!
For the dough:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp butter (sub vegan butter if desired)
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup @liveglean pumpkin flour + 1 1/4 cup AP flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree + 1 tbsp pumpkin flour
- 1/2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp crushed pumpkin seeds
- Heat almond milk and butter until warm and melted.
- Sprinkle on yeast, sugar, and salt and let activate for 10 minutes.
- Then add cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice and stir.
- Let it set for a few minutes, then whisk in pumpkin purée.
- Next add in flour 1/2 cup at a time, stirring as you go - dough will be sticky.
- When it is too thick to stir, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute.
- Add your dough ball back in mixing bowl - cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for about 45 mins.
- Then, on a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle.
- Brush with melted butter mixture and sprinkle pumpkin seeds.
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down.
- Then, cut the dough into 2 in sections and position in a well-greased 8x8 square pan.
- Brush with more of the melted butter mixture.
- Bake rolls on a center rack for 25-30 minutes at 350 or until golden brown and crusty on top!