Red Velvet Pancakes By Krysten Dornik
The holiday breakfast of champions with this red velvet stack! Paleo and gluten free, these pancakes are the perfect way to start the day.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. almond milk (or dairy free milk of choice)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 5 tbsp. Paleo Baking Flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Glean Beet Flour
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 3 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 2 tbsp. coconut butter, melted or room temp
- 1 tbsp. cashew butter
- 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- In your Ninja Blender, add all of the ingredients, starting with the wet ingredients first. Blend until batter is formed. This doesn’t take long at all.
- Turn your cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add about 2TB of oil of choice (olive oil, coconut oil, melted butter or ghee).
- Once your skillet is hot, add about 1/4 cup batter and cook until you see little bubbles on top. Flip your pancake and cook for another minute. Stack up on a plate and keep cooking pancakes until the batter is gone.
- Stack on a plate as high as the sky!
- For the frosting, mix all the ingredients together starting with the coconut oil and coconut butter. Add in the cashew butter and, lastly, the maple syrup. Make sure that the maple syrup is room temperature or warm, if possible. Otherwise the mixture will harden. You can add an extra TB of melted coconut oil if you'd like to make the frosting extra runny.
Krysten Dornik is an award winning food blogger specializing in allergy-friendly recipes. She believes in eating real food that is organic, healthy and satisfying. In 2015, Krysten launched Krysten’s Kitchen with the mission to share her years of research on healthy alternatives to everyday foods that those with food allergies can no longer eat, as well as talk about the companies that make healthy foods that taste great! After learning that she is also allergic to sugar and yeast, Krysten has a new drive to learn more about what companies and foods are out there to create new recipes in Krysten’s Kitchen. Website: KrystensKitchen.com