This is a satisfying, one-dish dinner! Topped with a crispy mixture of olive oil, parmesan cheese and pumpkin flour this meal will be a fall favorite.
Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squash, cut in half, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 oz. sage pork sausage (can revise to use turkey sausage)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the topping
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup Glean pumpkin flour
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush olive oil on top on the flesh side of the acorn squash and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place cut side down on baking sheet and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- While squash are cooking, add 1 Tbsp. of olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook a few minutes until softened.
- Add the sausage to the skillet and cook around 6-7 minutes, until lightly browned. Break up into smaller pieces while cooking and stir to mix with onions and garlic.
- Add spinach and saute about 2 minutes.
- Scoop sausage mixture into each acorn squash. In a small bowl, mix olive oil, parmesan and pumpkin flour. Sprinkle over each squash. Broil on low for 1 to 2 minutes until crispy.