Sweet Potato Pizza Crust
Homemade pizza may seem intimidating, but this recipe couldn't be any easier to make! We used our Beet BBQ Sauce in place of a tomato base to give this pizza added flavor and nutrients. To learn how to make it, read below or watch the video!
- 1 c. Glean Sweet Potato Puree
- 1 c. almond flour or gluten free flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. Beet bbq sauce
- 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese
- Fresh cilantro to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF degrees, and set a large pot of water to boil.
- In a medium sized pan, bring 1 ½ cup of water to a boil.
- Add sweet potato flour, stir until desired puree consistency
- Add one cup of your sweet potato mash, almond flour, baking soda, Italian seasoning, and salt to a large bowl. Knead well together with your hands until the mixture resembles a ball of orange pizza dough.
- Line a baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper, and press out the dough to a large circle. The dough should be about a 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the edges of the dough are slightly browned.
- Remove your pizza from the oven, let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the sauce, cheese, and preferred toppings, and broil for three to five minutes until cheese is melted.
- Slice up, and enjoy immediately!