Beet Energy Balls are a great pre or post workout snack and make for a quick bite on the go for kids and adults alike. Make a big batch and store in the fridge for a few days! Also beautiful to look at which is why we chose it as a Valentine's Day Recipe!
Beet Energy Balls
- 2 over ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup flour of choice (we used Glean pumpkin flour, but sweet potato would work too!)
- 2 tsp Glean beet powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (we use Sunwarrior Vegan Vanilla)
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (we used almond milk)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- handful of mini chocolate chips
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Using your hands, continue to mix ingredients and form desired size balls. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for several hours to firm up.
* If you find the bites to be too dry for your liking, add a bit more nut butter or milk. If you find them too moist, add a bit more oats or flour!